Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Paper topic...

So I'm still not sure what exactly sustainability is but i think that that is the point of this paper. So for my topic I was thinking about either just writing about the whole "going green" thing and whet er it's an actual impact on the environment or if it's only there to help the media and make people more aware off the problem and at the same time raise some money with advertising, merchandise, and green products. The other thing I thought about writing about is the seven sustainable factors of the world. we learned a lot about these last year in Human Geography and how they are helping the world survive today. Or my last idea is possibly 2012 and what it means for the world. Any of these sounding good?

1 comment:

  1. The "going green" thing might be interesting, especially since you're coming into the research question pretty fresh, so a lot of the personal would have to do with your individual discovery of what "going green" is all about and your personal reactions to what you find. The only problem I see with it might be a lack of focus. The result of the paper might be a tad meandering.

    The seven sustainable factors of the world. I don't know what those are but it sounds sufficiently academic.

    The 2012 thing is tricky. I'm actually obsessed with 2012 but from a very non-mainstream perspective (paradigm shifts, psychic predictions, global consciousness, etc. hippy stuff.) I had a student write their op ed on 2012 in the past, and I think it's a topic better suited for the op ed. It would be hard to find solid, credible sources.

    So, Megan. Think about those first two topics and please get back to me (you can respond to this comment) on which one sounds the most viable. Or let me know what the 7 sustainable things are in brief and I can determine whether it will work for this paper.

    ReplyDelete