Sunday, May 2, 2010

Reflection...

This semester has flown by so fast that I can barely remember the begining. This class was one of the most helpful classes to me and this whole "blog thing" was actually what helped the most. I felt like at the beggining I wasn't sure if I liked the thought of putting all my papers on the internet instead of being able to turn them in and get credit for them. Through the semester I realized that I didn't need a teachers feed back on every blog, I could learn from my previous writing what needed improvement and what worked well. I have never used A blog or a Computer to post things about my life, besides facebook and I barely know how to work that. After learning how to work it, and to make it my own I really liked it.

I feel like this was something new that was tried out with our class and overall it was successful. I'm not saying that I think everyone loved, but just as my own opinion I really enjoyed it. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep blogging or not, but it could be a nice way to get out feelings. I want to try to keep blogging but I'm thinking it might be blogging on Twitter or a sight where I could blog and many people would read it. Maybe it's a way to tell the world how I feel so I can be just like all the celebrities out there who blog about their feeling 24/7, I could be the new Ashton and Demi. Maybe not.

I really do think that these blogs helped me out with my everyday writing, and being a teacher it's something I'm going to need everyday. The biggest things about the blogs was that we weren't just writing for a teacher and trying to "brown-nose" our way through the paper. We were actually writing for people our age and I didn't want to sound like too much of a nerd or too much of a blonde so I really did need to focus on my writing. It also helped that I could look and read other students papers and see how they wrote and use that as example. Also being able to see what the teacher wanted on her blog page was super helpful.

Overall I think that the blogs were really helpful for me. They have taught me to write better and write more like me and not just to appeal to a certain audience. I think that this is something that should be used in classes from now on and alomost be more emphazied then the large papers. So thank you blogger.com for helping me with my writing carreer, and thank you Writ 101 for helping me with wrting those blogs.

1 comment:

  1. great reflection, Meghan, thanks. I'm glad you're behind the blog project. The department has drastically changed the curriculum on me for next semester so I'm going to have to seriously fight to keep this project going. Your support will help.

    ReplyDelete